Birthday bash

Its my birthday last Nov. 18. I am turning 32 years old, yeah! Life begins at thirty, sabi nga nila.. Instead of buying a cake in goldilocks, red ribbon or any other commercial store, I decided to make my own birthday cake. I found this recipe on maruism blog. Ang sarap niya tingnan kaya sigurado ako mas masarap siya kainin. Unfortunately, I don't have oven, just an oven toaster lang.


Anyway, pag may gusto may paraan, ika nga..


I bake this chocolate cake in a rice cooker.



        SUPER MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE
             (recipe adapted from maruism blog)
      3/4 cup sifted cocoa
      1 1/3 cup water
      1 teaspoon vanilla
           1/2 teaspoon brown food color (optional, I don't put food color)
            Mix all together. Then add,
     3/4 cup melted butter
     3 whole eggs
     2 1/4 cup cake flour
     2 teaspoon baking powder
     1 1/4t baking soda
     1 3/4 cup sugar

       Beat all ingredients in one bowl at medium or high speed of the mixer for 5 minutes. Pour into rice cooker  and cook for about  30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
         FILLING
        1 egg yolk
        1 tablespoon cornstarch
                 1/4 cup condensed milk          
        1/2 cup fresh milk
        1/4 cup butter 
        1 teaspoon vanilla
      Cook in a double boiler with continuous stirring. Then spread on the middle of the cake,( i cut the cake into half).
          FROSTING
         2 tablespoon all purpose flour
         1 cup fresh milk
         1 tablespoon cornstarch
         1/2 cup condensed milk
         1 teaspoon vanilla
         1/4 cup cocoa
         1/2 baking soda
         2 tablespoon oil 
         1/2 cup chocolate bits  (optional, I add this just for an additional                flavoring)

Cook over a double boiler until creamy. Spread on while hot. For additional design, I sprinkled white chocolate bits on top and assorted sprinkles on sides...




In fairness, ang sarap niya. Moist ang loob and ang filling is like in a yema cake.. Kahit na hindi siya masyado nag expand, masarap pa din ang lasa. Nakaubos agad ako ng isang slice sa isang kainan lang.. Yummmy...


Just want to say thank you to God for all the blessings and for giving me another year to celebrate on my special day. Wish to have more birthdays to come, and happiness all the time. To my family and friend, thank you. And to my special love, thank you very much for loving me and making my life happy always. I love you. And to all who greeted me, thank you sa inyo. Mwah, mwah, tsup, tsup... Happy birthday to me...

   

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Puto na may cheese

Hello everyone, It's me again.!